Saturday, December 29, 2012

Experimental Musical Instruments, Generators of Odd Yet Beautiful Music

The journey began when I watched some theremin videos that one of my subscribers had recommended. It was an instrument that has always intrigued me so I did a little research and put together a playlist. While putting the list together I began to come across videos of other odd musical devices.

I then remembered this cd/book that I had called "Gravikords, Whirlies & Pyrophones" which was an overview of experimental musical instruments.  So we have expanded the original concept and called the collection "Theremin, & Other Generators of Odd Yet Beautiful Music" Earlier this week we posted about the theremin one of the world's first electronic instruments. Now we are entering the world of other odd musical instruments and the at times hauntingly beautiful music that is made on them. Below are some examples.





No comments:

Post a Comment